Guidelines – Abstracts:
All abstracts must be in English and must be submitted before the deadline: December 1st 2017.
Title: A maximum of 200 characters including spaces. No abbreviations are allowed in the title.
Authors and affiliations: Authors’ names and institutions should be entered below the title. Include name of institution, city, and country. An e-mail address must be attached for notification of abstract outcome.
Abstract text: The body of text must not exceed 2400 characters. We recommend that you structure your abstract using the following headings:
- Background: A brief introduction to the field of research as well as a description and argumentation for the need of research
- Material and Methods: Describe tests used/to be used, study-subjects, study design, experimental setup etc.
- Results: Include the relevant results. If only preliminary results are available please include those. Indicate whether the study will be concluded and if the final results will be presented at the conference. If the study and data collection has not initiated, please indicate this by writing “pending results”. One figure or one table is allowed.
- Conclusion: Take-home message of your study.
- Perspectives: For those studies still underway and yet without results, propose possible study-perspectives.
There is no limit to the number of abstracts an author/individual may submit, but the same research cannot be submitted twice.
If you have difficulties in submitting your abstract or if you need any further information, please contact the Reviewer Team (email@example.com).
All abstracts submitted must be based on an original idea, concept, or an improvement or revision of previous ideas. The abstracts are graded based on:
- Abstract complying with the abstract guidelines
- The scientific content of the abstract
- The organization of the abstract – well organized, easy to follow and to understand
- Logical presentation – brief, clear and showing an understanding of the subject matter.
- Abstracts of studies without results will be considered for poster presentation whereas preliminary or completed data may be considered for oral presentation.
Accepted abstracts will be scheduled either as oral presentations or moderated poster presentations. The authors will be notified of the decision by e-mail no later than December 12, 2017.
As submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the author(s) to present their work if accepted, a registration fee must be paid after being notified of the acceptance of an abstract in the period from December 9, 2017 – January 15, 2018. The abstracts will not be officially accepted before payment has been transferred. Failure to comply with this will lead to removal of the abstract from the Abstract Book and the homepage-listing.
All abstract accepted for presentation will be published on the official webpage of the Scandinavian Society of Research in CardioThoracic Surgery (www.ssrcts.org) by the end of January 2018.